Position: Full-time, exempt. Flexible schedule that will require some evenings and weekends.
Salary: Total compensation value is approximately $54,000 with a base salary of $45,000 in addition to the benefits listed below:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 100% Coverage for employees; with up to $2000 toward annual deductible.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with up to 3% match after 1 year of employment
- 10 annual paid holidays; 15 annual vacation days (starting after 90 days of employment); and 8 sick days
Direct Supervisor: Myrna Newman, Executive Director
Mission/Description of Organization: To "engage and empower people to eliminate illegal dumping and littering in Allegheny County."
Position Description: The Program Manager will promote the work and mission of Allegheny CleanWays through the management of our land-based cleanups, water-based cleanups, and our education and outreach programs.
- Manage strategic partnerships across program areas
- Attend relevant partnership meetings to connect with key stakeholders and develop community relationships
- Keep program coordinators accountable to accomplishing progress toward program/project goals
- Coordinate with development director, corporate groups, and program staff to create meaningful and appropriate corporate volunteer experiences.
- Oversee the quality and success of all aspects of program operations, management, relationships, curriculum development, staff and volunteer training, and supervision
- Monitor program budgets and oversee grant and contract compliances
- Represent the organization at public events; leading activities, speaking roles, and training
- Directly supervise program staff members on an ongoing basis, including:
- Monitoring workload, staff capacity, and the alignment of the two.
- Helping staff to set goals and to create strategies for success.
- Checking in regularly on interoffice concerns, and/or personal and HR concerns.
- Conducting annual reviews for assigned staff.
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Develop strategic long-term program expansion goals and budgets with Executive Director
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, including the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments as well as prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and with team members
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a working familiarity of various marketing and planning software (e.g., Canva, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Monday.com)
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Proven experience in a similar job/role
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Work well with people in various communities, institutional and governmental organizations; and with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
For the safety of our staff and volunteers, Allegheny CleanWays requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
What we offer: In addition to the salary and benefits outlined above, we offer an excellent working environment with a flexible schedule and emphasis on partnership and cooperation; an opportunity to network with a range of partners including grassroots community groups, non-profits, leaders in business, and local, state, and federal government representatives; and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the community. We will provide the tools and equipment necessary for the job and appropriate continuing education/training as funding allows.
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 10, 2022.